The DFA is highly recognized throughout all franchisee communities as being one of the most solid, reputable, well organized and administered associations in the industry. We offer more to our members than any other association of its kind.
Whether you’re an Allied Partner or Franchisee, joining the DFA is the best way to stay informed, have access to the latest contacts, and market directly to your audience.
Everyone knows Denny’s – we’re one of the world’s top brands. We’re a world leader in the food service business and we didn’t get here by accident.
Denny’s, the largest full-service family restaurant chain in the United States, opened its first restaurant in the U.S. in 1953. Today, we stand with over 1,700 locations world-wide, doing what we do best…… Feeding People.
As Denny’s Franchisees, we are crucial to Denny’s success; we deliver the Brand’s value directly to the customer. As one of only a handful of brands that command instant recognition in virtually every part of the nation, a half-a-million customers in this country place their trust in Denny’s every day – trusting us to provide them with food of a high standard, quick service and value for the money.
Denny’s might be a universal business, but it is made up of more than 50,000 individuals, every one of whom brings their own unique skills and qualities to the team. By encouraging our people to shape the future of our organization through ambition and ideas, we have created a truly worldwide story of personal success.
There’s more to managing a restaurant than most would think. It’s not only serving food and drinks to customers or training our teams to deliver great service or learning to run our restaurants profitably. It’s also about becoming a respected contributor to our community and playing our part in marketing a world-leading brand.
Franchising is not for everyone though – to operate a Denny’s franchisee you have to make a personal commitment to run the business, day in, day out, for years. It’s no surprise then that the job is only for those individuals with a demonstrated ability to lead and manage people, good common business sense, and a track record of success in whatever they are doing. Becoming a Denny’s franchisee is not a license to print money, but the rewards are undoubtedly there for the earning.
Franchisee taking the helm
In 1988 the Denny’s Franchisee Council was established to give the members, a direct connection with Denny’s corporate. Through this council, members were given a voice with which to communicate with the corporate organization. The Denny’s Franchisee Council (FAC) ceased to exist in November of 1997 when it declared it’s independence from the Corporate Sponsorship and became the Denny’s Franchisee Association (DFA).
Today, the DFA provides a wide variety of benefits to enhance your operation and keep you current on industry issues. Our annual convention provides an important meeting place to receive invaluable information regarding legal issues, marketing expertise and business opportunities. There is no other event that brings Denny’s Franchise members, supplier partners and corporate management together at one time.
As members of the DFA, you are part of an even more powerful cooperative family working toward the common good. Together, we make “The Denny’s Difference.”
- Communicate with a united voice between association members and Denny’s management for the purpose of enhancing profitability of DFA member restaurants.
- Promote communications among association members for the purpose of gathering information and concerns from individual franchisees and disseminating profitable business practices.
- Negotiate prices and programs with third party suppliers for the benefit of DFA members.
- Conduct business in a manner that is always honest and forthright.
- Make decisions based upon the long-term best interests of the continuing economic and financial soundness of the DFA.
- Uphold our promises and commitments in the services the DFA delivers.
- Seek to understand and anticipate the needs of our members and provide the products and services that reflect those needs.
- Instill and promote the value of teamwork and cooperation to a common vision.
- Demand high expectations of ourselves and those we partner with by delivering timely, innovative and exceptional levels of service to members.
- Attract and retain staff who are committed to the pursuit of excellence.
- Continuously assess, anticipate the future and strategically plan and deliver innovative products and services for the mutual benefit of our members.
- Strive to be member-driven by providing services which meet and exceed member expectations.
- Foster and nurture mutually beneficial relationships between board, staff, members and the community at large.
- Foster open and productive cooperation and communication among ourselves and other affiliates of the system.
- Provide a professional working environment based on trust and teamwork.